Thursday, August 2, 2007

Rambling away the afternoon

I have decided daughter can keep her guitar hero. She'll figure out life's lessons on her own and losing a video game would only make her more difficult. She's basically a good kid, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. (But, I'm sure I will again at some point.)
I should be writing or picking up clutter around the house, but I just can't find the motivation to do either. Not doing housework doesn't fill me with too much guilt; not writing does. I had a good flow going on my w.i.p too. If I ever finish it I have to submit it and there's the rub: Rejection. I tell myself I've had enough heart break and having someone say they hate my story would be devastating. I know better. No one is exempt from disappointment and losing Jake shouldn't be an excuse to stop trying. She's at peace and getting lots of attention from my grandmother on the other side. (Oh please let that be true) I think I'm the one who's not at peace. Wow that was a mini epiphany!
Now on to other things.... I would like to try Thursday 13, but right now I'm drawing a blank. I'm one of those people who needs to make an actual list on paper before I commit to it online and the only list I made today was the grocery list. The other bloggers that I visit have great 13's so I'll let them motivate me for next time. There's that word again; Motivate. :0

1 comment:

Mo and The Purries said...

Hello!
Thanks for your visit to It's A Blog Eat Blog World!
Hope you can come back for a visit soon, and join in the mayhem!
Always happy to see a fellow Michigander in the blogoshpere!
cheers,
mo