Thursday, August 9, 2007

Out of the broomcloset

I was going to post this yesterday and label it "Witchy Wednesday", but it just didn't work out that way. Oh well, so much for alliteration. I consider myself a witch. I don't belong to a coven or attend Sabbat meetings. I do light candles of specific colors or scents for the day of the week or certain spells. I consider spells to be more like a petition of intent, a prayer if you will, to the creator energy (God/Mother God). I have a very informal cottage garden of plants that I planted knowing their magickal correspondents. I plant trumpet lillies just because I love their scent and I think they're pretty. Same for roses. I have cats and two of them happen to be black, but I didn't seek them out, they came to me. ;) Halloween is my favorite holiday. How can you not love the colors and the hello, free candy? I am a peaceful, animal loving, tree hugger. I follow the rule of harm none and that the entire universe contains energy ,both positive and negative. Harness the positive, stay away from the negative. No dogma, no fire and brimstone, just live, learn what you can and then when the physical expires, go back to where your energy or spirit flows free and unencumbered. Hey, it works for me.

Blessings to you.

No comments: