Friday, April 11, 2008

Srormy Weather Part 2 And Cricket Wreaking Havoc



See the poor terra cotta kitty? See Cricket sitting in front of the terra cotta kitty before he was broken? Well, she got a little wild playing with Cody today and knocked the cat over as she ran by. It's not the first time Terra Cotta has been broken. He's been glued back together from previous rough housing incidents thanks to Husband and Daughter. I'm not sure if super glue is going to be enough this time. Cricket was a black blur right after it hit the hearth. She ran upstairs and I didn't see her again for quite a while. (oh, that's Billie's white paws. She's surveying the damage) I'm not mad at her, but I am bummed about about Terra Cotta. Cricket certainly keeps me busy!
See the ominous sky? I took that picture from our backyard this afternoon. We were under a tornado watch for a couple of hours. It was actually warm and a bit humid for a little bit. Nothing severe ever materialized and the cold front came through. This weekend will be icky, which means more indoor spring cleaning.
Our old house is a little large for us. We bought it 14 years ago and it needed a lot of cosmetic work. We're still not done. At least the kitties have enough room to run around and cause havoc! Happy Weekend!

13 comments:

Daisy said...

Uh oh, Cricket done a bad, bad thing. But I can tell it was just an accident and she did not mean to do it.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I hope you can fix the Terra CATta. We try not to get too rough running around at our house. I only run around really really fast after I poop.
We had some horrible storms a couple of nights ago, and there was some damage but not to our house, thank goodness.
I missed your Part 1 post yesterday, will go read now!
--JB

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Your home is lovely Lorianna! It is a gracious painted lady! I am sure you have great fun decorating all the little nooks and crannies...seems Cricket has her own idea what should decorate the fireplace area...naughty kitty girl! But even if you do not reglue the kitty, do place her out in the garden as a feline slice of garden art.
This is a weekend I just want to sleep and not wake for a whole week...my tiny heart is so broken no amount of glue can fix it right now until the kitties are back home wiht mommy laura...we will not give up hope for their recovery! They were not found in her apartment so this is a very good sign. the patio slider was opened before mom left:)
I hope you are well and happy. that is very important to me you know:)
I love you Miss Peach & Karla

Quasi said...

You should always consult your felines before making any real estate purchases. Obviously, yours approve of your choices. I’d like to tell you that I’ve written a scathingly funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, which will be out May 6th. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.

The Cat Realm said...

Uhuh - but with cats in the house - things get broken. Law of Nature.
Please be so kind to come by our blog, there is a party invitation and an award for you!
Karl

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Quasi is a cute cat...maybe Cricket can get engaged with him:) His site is cool too!
Karl is having a great bash...come and have some fun...we really need it after this nightmare of a weekend!
BRAVO for the recovered kitties...momLaura is beside herself with happy!
I am on overdrive tonight and must regain some composure. This will be a busy week for mommy here getting ready for their vacation without me....can I come and stay with you. I can help whip the kits into shape!
See you in the morning dear...
love your miss peachy

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Poor kitty! Cricket, you are naughty!! Adorable will get your out of trouble though. Just be adorable.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
Thanks for your comment about PooPoo. The problem we think is really in PooPoo's head. She seems to want to poop under the bed and then roll around in it! She then gets so stinky and is so hissy and spiteful.....I can't imagine that Billie is anything like this. Billie looks so sweet!
Have a good Monday and hope the sun in shining for you!
--JB

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

That looks like something we would do!

Quasi said...

Hi Lorianna,
Thanks for your kind words on my blog... please visit often. And yes, you should definitely treat yourself (and Cricket) to my book on your birthday!

Your Friend,
Quasi

The Cat Realm said...

The Party is on, drop by anytime, we have "Lizards - ALL You Can Eat"! And lots of fun.
Karl

Sunrunner said...

I really like the fireplace/heater/hearth!!! Poor terracotta! I'm ready for warmer weather, even if we get rain. We ened the rain!

Sunrunner said...

Sorry, I meant NEED. cold medicine...