Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Little Cat Bear

Cody loves his naps. I think next to eating, sleeping is his favorite thing. He's around 13 years old now, but he still likes to play with Cricket and when the weather is nicer he likes to sleep on our front porch. When he is in deep sleep he makes little groaning sounds that to me sound like a bear. So, he's our little bear cub. :) When he's bored with waiting for us to wake up in the morning he likes to run across the bed. Sometimes, he jumps over our heads. Thankfully he has never missed, though he did nick my husband's head once with a claw. He really is a very good kitty boy and he makes friends with everyone he meets. He's terrified of garbage trucks, thunder storms and fireworks that people in the neighborhood set off in July. I always make sure he's safe inside in the summer well before all of those scary things happen. He truly believes he owns the front porch and on a quiet nice day that's where you'll find him. Right after the sun sets he immediately wants in and he eats and goes to bed. I can always count on Cody to be my good boy. :)

4 comments:

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

What a sweetie!

Daisy said...

What a cute little bear cub! I am very scairt of loud noises, too.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

What a cute kitty! I would like to snuggle with him!
--JB

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

He does look very bear-like.