Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Letting The Sun Shine In

Isn't it cool? That's the mixer that I have been wanting for a while now.
It's a Kitchen Aid and I think the copper finish is so pretty. Unfortunately it is out of my price range. Like over $550 out of my price range! *o* Our kitchen is in need of a serious makeover too. I would like to change the paint color from forest green to a pumpkin or citrus bright orange. We get a lot of morning light because the windows are on the east wall, so when the sun streams in it would be really pretty. I know orange isn't everyone's cup of tea, but our ceilings are high and this old house seems to really lend itself to bright colors. Besides, life is too short to not paint your rooms in your favorite colors. I visited www.sherwin-williams. com to play with their color visualizer and it was fun. I will probably buy the paint at Home Depot or Meijer because it's cheaper. Today I'm trying to not look out the windows because snow is falling at a rate of about 2 inches an hour. I can't take much more of this winter weather. Stir craziness has set in. Maybe that's why I'm daydreaming about painting in warm sunny colors. Now if I can just get my husband to go along with it... ;)

4 comments:

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Sherwin Williams Rocks!

Congrats on your new mixer. I cannot live without mine.

Daisy said...

I'll bet you could make some very delicious things with that mixer. My Mommie does not have a mixer. Most microwave dishes do not require mixing...

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

My mom would like one of those mixers to make cookies fo daddy Len.....or I guess daddy Len wants mom to have one of those mixers? hee hee. That is quite expensive though.....I don't think we would spend that much on a mixer.
Hope it warms up soon for you!
--JB

Mo and The Purries said...

Hadn't ever seen the copper one.
I bought Lee a yellow one for Christmas one year, but it was only $200 at Target.


PS: can you send me your e-mail address? Morgen1967@gmail.com

cheers,
mo