Saturday, February 2, 2008

Can't We Let Poor Phil Sleep?

This is Brigid the Bright. She's the Celtic goddess of Imbolc; What we now celebrate as Groundhog Day. The light is beginning to advance. Winter, (hopefully) will soon be on the wane. Now would be a good time to clean and de-clutter the house in preparation for Spring, then our chores begin outside. :) This is a good month to clean out the cabinets, make soups, use up the flour and baking supplies in the pantry, and stock up on herb and flower seeds on sale right now. I know we have at least 6 weeks of winter left, but it's nice to look ahead. Too bad they had to wake up that poor little Phil. I always feel bad for him, blinking against the harsh glare of lights and cameras. If that were me, I'd probably bite somebody. ;) Just let him sleep. Nature will take her course.

4 comments:

ShellyH said...

We live in PA....Phil the groundhog lives 2 hours from us. I totally agree, they should let Phil alone!!! Not only does he have a bad day, but the tourist flock in to visit Phil and they drive us nuts around here!

Daisy said...

Poor Phil. I do not like to be awoken, either.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Yes, leave Phil alone! I hate to be woken up too when I am in a long long nap!
--JB

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

What they do to that poor animal is criminal.

Brigid casts enough light over this a way :)