Friday, January 18, 2008

A Warm Glow Of Comfort

Isn't this pretty? It was in my e-mail from someone in my pet loss group I joined. (It's a Yahoo group) It's a memorial candle for remembering anyone, person or pet that has passed on. I love candles and I have lots of them in various sizes and lots of fragrances. Last night I lit a lavender candle and it really did seem to impart a sense of calm. Daughter worked on homework after dinner without complaint, and she didn't complain about dinner either, come to think of it. :) I have to keep all my candles on our entertainment center because of the cats, especially Cody and his tail. I swear that tail of his can clear off a coffee table in seconds flat. If we have a beverage on it we immediately move them by pushing them aside until he passes or actually picking up the glass or mug and holding it until he walks by.
My favorite all purpose go to candle to light for people and animals that need prayers and blessings is a Guardian Angel candle that I found in the Latin foods section of the grocery store. I'm still not sure why it's there, but okay. It's just an unscented white candle in a glass holder with a picture of an Angel guiding two children over a bridge. It gives off a comforting soft glow and I try to envision it's light washing over those who I light it for. Which reminds me... it's over half burned, so I better add a new one to my grocery list today. Because there is always someone who could use a little light on the path of life. Oh, I keep a little kitty figurine by it, but I will light it for any fur baby. (sigh, even skunks) So, if you'd like me to light it let me know and I will. :)

5 comments:

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Beautiful candle. Can you please light it for my sister, Taffy?
--JB

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Lorianna, it seems to be candles for both of us these days! One is burning right now and last night three. We take comfort in small things with a great amount of love. SO thank you for your friendship and visits:)
Love Karla & Peach

Daisy said...

That is very wonderful. We would like to remember Haiku, Cricket and Slinky, three of the best cats that ever were. We will meet you all at the Rainbow Bridge when it is our turn to go.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

We interupt this program to have coffee and rasin bread...take a nap in the fuzzy blue blanket and throw some baked potaoes in the oven to later stuff them with cheese and smoked proscuto ham for dinner.
Tonight the candles will burn bright for this sad world.
Much love to you...

The Lee County Clowder said...

If you really like the glow from a candle (who doesn't?) there are some candle-like lights showing up in a couple places.

They're LED's, but supposedly some even flicker like a candle flame. Not quite the same, but at least the thoughts would be the same, and you wouldn't have to worry about the kitties burning down the house or covering the carpet with wax.

For whatever it might matter.