Thursday, January 3, 2008

Starting The Year On A Wing And A Prayer

It's Thursday? Where did all the other days go? I wrote a check yesterday and I actually remembered to write 2008, so I'm not as braindead as I thought. :) My husband went back to work and Daughter returns to school Monday. I think I'm ready to get back into a writing routine. I still have bouts of grief that I quietly deal with, and my RA is amping up a bit, so I need to work around, or with those two issues. I really can't say that I'll be okay. I'm taking one day at a time, going on because I need to. Maybe someday that will change to; because I want to.
I'm trying to take small moments of happiness as little gifts, before I'm buffeted by another wave of sadness. So I read fun magazines like Fairie Magazine. It's a beautiful magazine full of ethereal creatures, created by artists who truly believe in Fairies. It comes out four times a year. Already I'm di -secting it and using images for crafting. They offer a free paper doll in each issue created by artist Jessica Galbreth. I cut the doll out and her outfit. Then I glued her to some thin card board, cut that around her and then I cut up an old magnet and glued it to the back of the paper doll. I added glitter to her wings and small bits of magnet to her dress and hair wreath and voila, a refrigerator magnet/paper doll. I had to use an exacto knife to cut the doll out once she was glued to cardboard and even though my hand ached I stubbornly finished it. I might take a picture with the cell phone camera, but I'm not sure if it will turn out.
So, that's one of the fun things I've been doing. (Well, fun for me anyway. A party animal I'm not.) Billie is on my lap purring away, Cody found a sunny spot under the Christmas tree by the bay window, Cricket finally settled down somewhere, and my Daughter is out like a light, a snoring lump under a quilt on the sofa. She has not been pleasant to be around lately, so I'm hoping a long nap cures her of her snarkiness. If I didn't have so much to do today I would take one too. As it is I just don't have the heart to move Billie right now, so here I'll sit. For a while any way.

1 comment:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I love fairies too Lorianna! Do you have the book Fairyopolis...it is very interactive. They are all about you know...the flower fairies enchant in each month and with every flower...they help the angels do the work...my story:) I have done some posts on them but I do not label or tag my posts, so you might have to do a general blog search. I like that we have this in common....hugs to you