Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creature Of The Night


Cricket finally got her daddy to play with her last night. She loves this fuzzy tail-like thing with feathers on the end. It's attached to a plastic handle and Daddy swings it around. She loves to jump up onto the furniture to catch it. It's funny that she waits until it's close to my husbands bed time to want to play. She will sit in front of his chair, staring up at him and then she will actually heave a very loud sigh. It's so cute! I have never heard a cat sigh like she does.

It's another chilly evening here. The week is just dragging. My daughter's last day of school is June 6. Then she will be a senior in high school. (gulp)

We don't have any big plans for the holiday weekend. I will be happy if I can get to the nursery and get in my garden. My husband needs to buy a new grill, so maybe we will do that too. Now, if it will just warm up!

I would have some very happy window sitting, bird watching kitties if I could open up the house and let warm, fresh air in.

I hope everyone is able to do what they'd like this weekend. Even curling up with a book and a cool drink sounds wonderful. Or maybe ice cream... :)
Tonight though, hot tea for me.

10 comments:

Team Tabby said...

Cricket, did you have lots of fun playing wif daddy? We like the laser pointer. It has got warm enough here that the beans have to mow the lawn all the time. Grass is tall right now because da beans were gone most of the long weekend. We are glad they are back.

Mindy & Moe

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I can imagine you are sitting at your window seat enjoy the time slowly passing by.
It is a very lovely view just like the pictures paintings you usually provide us satisfied view on your blog~!
No matter what, hope you have a very relax and slow time happy week~!!! And congratulations for your daughter gratuate!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Cricket you have a Voki! Very naughty to rouse up some trouble. Mommy will have her hands full keeping you in check. I hope you enjoy your play time with your daddy. it was too cold to go out today so I napped all day long....guess where....yep the IN BOX. Mommy finally had to clean it because I sneezed all over the walls and Lapdaddy was tired of the yuck. I am still not giving it up!
This weekend is the beginning of the summer season at our house...we hope to grill on Monday and enjoy the quiet time. I hope you can get your garden put in in warmer weather. What do you want to plant?
love and hugs....

Daisy said...

Somehow, nighttime always seems like a good time for playing. Sometimes I get too wound up and my Mommie has to say "Daisy, settle down!"

Anonymous said...

Cricket, we also enjoy playing with the fev-ver toy! Mom's complainging that it's too hot here. Want some hot?

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
Cricket does that stare thing when needing playtime? So do I! If mom keeps ignoring I jump up on the couch with mom to tell her to get up and then I go back to the floor and my toys and my stare. Tell Cricket to try that too!
My mom and daddy were going to go to Shreveport to the mud bug festival but they decided to stay home....whoo hoo! No plans this weekend now except much the same you you....nursery, grilling and rest!
Have a great day!
--JB

meemsnyc said...

Our motto is, anything with feathers on it, is definitely fun to play with!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
Happy Friday! At least that is what my mom says....every day to me is the same....hee hee
Hope you will have a wonderful holiday weekend!
--JB

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello dear friend! I just popped in real quick to give you a very {{{{{{{BIG SOFT HUG}}}}}}}
It is hug weekend in honor of Bonnie who went to the bridge so suddenly.
Please know I am always tthinking about you each day and how special you are to us.
Talk to you real soon...have a great day!
Love your Peachy

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hope al is well with you and you are just relaxing from a good days work in the garden. I have been thinking about you all day.
Hugs and sandpaper kisses