Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring is Truly Here!









Welcome Spring

Cody finally had a chance to wander with me outside. He was very happy. Well, until the garbage truck made its rounds. He freaked out! "Momma! Help!" I scooped him up and took him in. After a snack of Fancy Feast he felt much better. When the garbage truck monster left we went out again.
Right now the tulips and candy tuft are blooming in the front and bleeding hearts and Virginia blue bells in the east side and west side. I love the bleeding hearts. They are so delicate!

My big problem with the garden is the weeds. They are out of control! I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but my fingers and hands are a bit sore right now and getting up and down from weeding is really hard on my knees and hips. It will take me weeks to pull all the weeds and by the time I'm done the they'll be back again! I don't use chemicals because of all the birds and squirrels and stray kitties around and I do take Cody out with me too.
I feel so bad that I can't handle all the stuff around the house as easily as I used to.
I just need to tell myself that I'm on a slower time clock now. It will get done, just not all in one fell swoop. :) ;)

We are still sending out lots of thoughts and purrayers to all of our blogger friends in need. Lots of Hugs!

9 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Cody you sure look like you really enjoyed your time outside!
Just do what you can, Lorianna. The weeds will always be there, it's no big deal. Or at least our mom is real laid back about it.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Pee Ess:
Tuesday is Noisy Truck Day in our neighborhood when both garbage & recycling trucks come around! We flatten our ears and run for cover!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Yay! I'm glad that you finally have some warm weather and your flowers are beautiful!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Those are wonderful flowers! And does Cody really like to go outside? I am too scared to go outside. Chester would though, fur sure!
How is Toeshee? **blush**
--JB

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I like the flowers ~!
It really looks coloful and adorable :)

Daisy said...

Gosh, you sure have lots of pretty flowers. I especially like the pink heart shaped ones.

Mo and The Purries said...

Yay for a trip out to the garden!
And remember - a weed in the garden is still better than a blizzard in the winter!
*HUGS*

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

My mom wanted me to ask you if you could please email you address? Since we moved, my mom can not find it.
Thanks!
JB

Shaggy and Scout said...

Hello Lorianna, We decided to forgo the mouse for dinner and just celebrate with Fancy Feast instead.
We posted an update about the kittens tonight if you are interested.
My goodness, in these pictures you have up Cody looks like a ringer for Momma Cat!