Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kitty Faces





Pretty Award, Sleepy Day , Grumpy Faces

Last night was very noisy. Thunderstorms rolled through with really bright, frequent lightning. Before they came in Cricket and I had a hard time sleeping due to the Daddyman's snoring. She was pretty funny. She likes to sleep on my legs and she kept sitting up to glare at him and then turning around to settle in. Every once in a while she would heave a sigh too. :)
Today we are all sleepy. That was our first loud storm of the season. Today it is very windy, but the sun is out. I saw our little tuxie friend Monday night, but not again since then. Maybe he does have a home. I hope so.
I have still been putting food out, but now I'm wondering, who is eating eat? :)
Not too much is going on here. I'm getting better at giving myself shots. The Methotrexate still makes me queasy and tired though. I do get a little relief from it a few days afterwards, but by Wednesday I'm back to the usual pain and stiffness. I think it's just going to take some time to take full effect.
We found a lovely prom dress for my daughter at a consignment shop. It's not poufy and pastel like many of them. She wanted something different. It's satin antique gold with a halter neckline. It's long and straight to the ankles. Maybe I can sneak in her room and take a picture. ;) The theme of their prom is At Last; 1930's and 40's. Her gown is very old Hollywood glamour. It's kinda exciting! Well, for me anyway... :)
Mo gave me such a pretty award. I always have a hard time deciding who to pass it to. Let's see... How about Little Cat Feet; Shaggy, Scooby and Scout. Their Mommy is helping a kitty and her kittens, so she deserves a nice award.
Jelly Bean and Chester's Mommy has had a rough few months and has moved back into her old home. They couldn't take Bear with them. She needs a pretty award too.
But, I think I would also like anyone who thinks this award is pretty and would like to pass it along should take it too. A teacup of roses, how pretty! Thank you Mo!
Hugs everyone!



7 comments:

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Lorianna, thanks for stoping by my blog. And yes, you are correct on the origin of Kirzon's name. I guess that is what happens in geek familys - animals get weird sci-fi names! Oh, and I love that you would like to be a ghost hunter - when I was not working I watched every show I could about ghosts during the day - I think it looks so fun!

You must have gotten the storms we had here in IL during the day over there last night - they looked headed that way. Hopefully you will get the sun we have today over there soon.

It is so weird to look through your blog because so many pics of Cody make me think of my cat Floyd. They look a lot alike.

Anyway I look forward to reading more of your blog soon!

Black Cat said...

Dear Lorianna, thanks for visiting, it was so nice to hear from you, though I do understand about not always having enough time. I think all the bloggers I know suffer likewise; it's either posting or visiting and commenting, or both, that sometimes can't be done every day. For my part, there are so many blogs I love to read that I'm lucky if I can get to everyone once a month on average. Doh! Oh, wouldn't it be so great just to be able to twitch one's nose to get the chores done, as you say...

Luvzya :) xxx

P.S. It would be great if you could get a photo of Toeshee meerkatting, I'd love to see that!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Congratulations on your award.

You are just now getting storms! We have had bunches already.

That's really funny how Cricket reacted to the snoring.

I went back to the vet today and have a high fever. The vet said I should be better tomorrow.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Lorianna I am so glad you found a stunning gown for your daughter's prom! I would like to see her in it.
I hope you are doing good. The cottage is a happy place right now...I plan to clean house and get caught up on emails and visit some blogs this weekend.
Always thinking about you...love karla

Poppy Q said...

What lovely photos of you all. My name is Poppy Q and I lives with my mum in New Zealand.

We had a storm here today too!! Thunder, lightening, hail and a downpour, just as my mum had to walk to work.

Have a lovely weekend.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

We keep having rain and storms here, and no sun. It is very dreary. Hope your tuxie friend was not out in your storm, and is ok. You are brave to give yourself shots....hope they are helping you!
That sounds like a gorgeous dress for your daughter.
Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it to us! My mom appreciates you thinking of us!
--JB

Mo and The Purries said...

You're welcome for the award, my friend.
And yes, that first storm of the season blew thru here, too. Everyone hid for a while, but it went thru quickly here.
Love Toeshee's face in that picture today!
Have a great weekend - frost warnings here for Saturday night & Sunday night!
your friend,
Mo