Saturday, December 8, 2007

Lighting Up A Cold Winter's Night

Our living room is looking very pretty. We have lights draped over our fireplace mantle and even though I bought them for Halloween (they are orange) they are casting a very nice warm glow. Our fireplace was built to be a coal burning fireplace so we do not use it. Our house was built in 1891 and it gets quite drafty in the winter. We close the pocket door between the front parlor and the living room and keep the door that opens to the front entryway and staircase closed too. The front of our house faces North, so you can imagine the wind. We have an artificial tree this year and it is sitting in the bay window of our living room. We were getting real trees every year, but I just didn't have it in me this year. The tree has white lights and some orange and purple toned ornaments and a purple and gold ribbon winds down the length of it. Sometimes my sleek and shiny naughty Miss Cricket will curl up under it. =^-^=
Oh, there's a new paranormal investigative show coming on Monday night. It's on A&E at ten I believe. It's called Paranormal State.
I would like to thank Miss Peach's Mommy for adding me to her blog role as Tookie's Mommy. She nearly lost her kitty this Fall and she understands... I'm trying, but when you've lost someone you have been with for 20 years, it's difficult to say the least. Well, later I will post some book reviews and talk about a cool magazine I found. Right now I better get ready for bed. It's 11:32 pm and I'm going to go to bed so Cricket can use me as her personal heating pad. :)

No comments: