Sunday, September 16, 2007

Feeling Rather Zen

Ah, Sunday afternoon and it's quiet. I'm not "doing" anything, I'm not "going" anywhere. Why are weekends like that? What are we doing and where should we go? Sure it's fun to get out, but if you plan everything out and make it a must do then, the excursion becomes just another chore. So today maybe I'll read, or write. I'll definitely eat. ;) The bookstore is open until 9 tonight; I could have a cup of tea and look through their offerings. The fact is I'm tired and my joints are rebelling so I think I have a pretty good excuse for just relaxing. But, really one shouldn't need an excuse. People shouldn't feel guilty for just wanting to "chill" and yet we do. I don't believe in boredom. I used to when I was younger, but I've learned. Embrace the non-business. Relish a quiet afternoon. Trust me, havoc and chaos will find you soon enough.

No comments: