Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cricket's Weather Update and Other Thoughts



Cricket's Weather Update

It's white. It's cold. I do not see any birds. I do see squirrels. I do not like squirrels. They are sneaky and I think I hear them in our attic. Momma says it sounds like they are bowling with walnuts. I wonder what I would do if I came face to face with one? I think they might be vishuss. But, I am pretty tough too! Just ask Kittenzilla. Hee hee!

I have been busy watching over Momma while she power naps. I lie on her tummy and keep her warm. She is always very tired lately. As soon as she hits the bed and I join her, she is out. She calls me her nurse maid kitty. Sometimes she sings a song called Blackbird to me and calls me her "little blackbird" Considering I am a cat, this does not make sense, but I humor her.

This will be my 7th Christmas here. I came to my family in late November when the girl was 11 and now she is 17. Momma thinks my birthday is sometime in the spring.

Ahh spring! I can't wait for it to get warm enough to sit in the open windows again. Until then, I will nap with Momma, give Kittenzilla his much deserved whap-downs and plot against the vishuss squirrels.

I heard that 3 more kitties went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I hope they are having lots of fun there, now that they are healthy again. I miss my sister Tookie. We used to share the bed. Don't worry Tookie. You have fun and be happy. I'll watch our Momma for you.

So, before I go; what do you see out your windows? I am curious as a cat can be about what other kitties do during the day and at night. Maybe it could be a meme sometime. "I spy out my window..."

See you soon!

10 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Cricket,our weather is being silly!! It snows,then rains and the snow gets washed away. This has happened twice so far. It will settle down by the end of the month though.
It sounds divine that you snuggle with your Mom :) It is good that you watch over her.
We are sad about our friends too. I did not know Cloud Chaser. WE are all purring for all their families. They must be so ,so, sad.
Like you,I look forward to Spring :)
Purrs Mickey

Mrs Mac said...

Ahhh Cricket, Never mind. Do you have a nice fireplace to lie beside? Or is there any tinsel around yet to play with? Fluffy loves sparkly things!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Do I dare tell you it was in the 60s today? Of course it was raining all day (good sleeping weather), but it is supposed to get cold this weekend - high in the 50s.

Gotta run - Mom is home and it is time for us to get some snuggle time together.

Mo and The Purries said...

Cold here, supposed to be colder tomorrow.
But we had some sun this morning, so Jaz & Little Isis curled up under the snowman's wagon in the window at the store.

It was indeed a sad day at the CB, with three families mourning losses. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Sending hugs & chin scritches,
Uncle Mo
with Chloe snuggling

meemsnyc said...

We don't like squirrels much here too. I hope you catch one Cricket!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I like to see outside as well.
Recently the pigeons are gone,
I don't know why.

I think you are a very very good sitter to keep your mommy warm,
how lovely and sweet.

Karen Jo said...

I hope you don't really have vishus squirrels in your attic. They can really make a mess. I see snow on the ground out my window, but we had sunshine today. Keep snuggling your Mom. I am sure that you help her feel better. I am also sad about all the kitties going to the Bridge.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Cricket, it is good you take care of your momma. A nice warm kitty body in bed is the best medicine and very snoozy and warming too!
Good report!
--JB

Jans Funny Farm said...

We don't see much of interest out our windows. When it's warm and Jan opens the back door, we all like to sit and watch for chipmunks or squirrels.

Everycat said...

Oh we want spring very much here too! Outside today, it's cold with a watery sun, par for the course for December here. There have been some foggy and frosty mornings though, pretty to look at. Cricket I think you are probably a very good nurse maid, just what your Momma needs.

Whicky Wuudler