Monday, November 19, 2007

Blog Humbug

Well, the Larry King show about ghosts was a little disappointing. Jason from Ghosthunters was on, but no Grant, several psychics were on too, but Larry didn't let anyone talk at length about what they do. At least Most Haunted had some pretty cool activity. My daughter thinks they're a bunch of fakes because there is always activity, but no "science" to back it up. I don't really care, because it's just fun entertainment for me.
I'm trying to garner the energy for the coming holidays, but I'm just not that excited. I really do think the whole season is over-hyped to the point of only causing stress. Why? One day is set aside for cooking and eating too much and the other day is all about spending too much money on things that will be forgotten by February. Yes, the holidays are fun if you have little ones; decorating the tree, cookie baking and dreaming about the toys to discover in the morning. But, the poor little kids get themselves so worked into a frenzy, then by the week after Christmas they feel the same blah let down that we adults feel. Maybe we should just take a breath, relax and pretend for a little bit that there are no holidays looming. Watch a good movie or tv show (non-holiday theme) read a good book or go for a walk. I think I may even look at some gardening books. :) Soon the holidays will pass and then the commercials for weight loss products will be blaring, reminding us that bathing suit season is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Sunrunner said...

British TV recently updated their requirements for "reality" tv which makes it harder for anything to be faked. I don't know the complete details, but it basically means that any and all investigations must meet certain criteria. FYI. :-)