Wednesday, May 7, 2008

White Leopards For Wednesday

Where is the week going? Today is another busy day and I'm so tired. My daughter has her doctor's appointment this morning and after that I really need to get caught up on housework. I need extra hours in the day. :)
My birthday was okay. My husband gave me a pretty locket and a bookstore card. I can't wait to go to the bookstore again. It's my favorite place. Some women are addicted to shoes; I'm hooked on books.
The Vet's office called to check on Cody and I happily told them that he was doing so much better. The swelling around his eyes is gone! I wish our doctors were as nice about following up. I'm just glad my kitty's doctor cares.
Today is supposed to be rather rainy and we are not going to have really warm weather for the rest of the week. I must remind myself "It's only May."
I need to start taking more pictures. I like getting pictures from "Art Magic"
but, I want to post more garden and kitty pictures.
Thank You for all the Birthday wishes. I think when we get to be a (ahem) certain age Birthdays are not so fun anymore. ;)
Have A Wonderful Wednesday. I will visit everyone as much as I can today. I so look forward to visiting all of my blogging friends.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh, a locket and a bookstore gift card sound like most excellent presents! My Mommie reads a lot, too.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
I am so sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful day. I bet that locket is so pretty. My mom wishes she could read more, but with work and helping me blog, that does not leave much time!
Happy happy birthday!
--JB

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I am sure Billie is not nearly as stinky as PooPoo! hee hee
My mom does love her any way....unconditionally.
--JB

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I do so agree about the certin age no longer being fun. I only had ONE birthday party in my life when I was 40! We just never celebrated them in Germany...no big deal. I just try to live each day with a sense of gladness and sometimes just doing that is overwhelming. I yearn for the good old days when Ricky loved Lucy:)
Today I am doing laundry and packing up my auctions to mail off and postcards from Maui and my books for my art club....lots of little needful doings.
Guess what? I also love book stores! I am not a reader (I see you roll your eyes and shudder:) but enjoy the wandering about and looking at books and magazines over a nice cuppa coffee. That is a restful feeling like being in a library. I like the quiet...
Do not overdo your domestics or I fear you might pay the price...I know how hard that is because a lady wants her home in order. I sometimes wish the other roomies where more attentive, not just when their tummies are empty!
Love Karla & the IN BOX kitty

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think the gift is great, I can image the feeling of recieving present from the one you love~!

Michico doesn't read lately, she is busy. She needs to read somethings, but right now after taking care of us, she is catching some moments to draw, hope she could show her latest painting on Sunday. That's her hope~~ Hahahaha~~~~

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I'm older than you by three years, quite yer whining. LOL!

I have one word for you about the birthday cakes. Bakery. Seriously.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

WE got treats when Misty woke up!
Oh, and mom says that her birthday is coming up in June, and she does not want to do anything for it at all!
--JB

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
Happy Friday to you all!
--JB