Friday, May 16, 2008

Cricket's Book Review

Hello, Cricket here. Today I am going to tell you about a book that I have discovered and absolutely adore! Now, usually I do not read the books Momma purchases. I have no interest in sappy romances and fairy tales. I do enjoy the mystery novels that feature the cat as the intelligent protagonist who has the mystery figured out before the humans.
Yesterday morni
ng before heading to the shower to stand under water (shudder)
Momma gave me this book. "Here Cricket. This is that book that really cute kitty named Quasi wrote."
I read the title. "The World Is Your Litter box." Hmm... this looked promising. And, Quasi is a very fine Mancat. (blush)
I must tell you kitties; this book validates everything I have been thinking and all of my behavior! I'm not naughty! I am merely feeling free to express my true cat self! The chapter on How To Get Away with Unacceptable Kitty Behavior is pure genius. Cody loves How To Wake Up Your Human From Even The Deepest Sleep. And Billie was totally into How To Look Cute.
This book is a must read for all kitties! Momma has been picking it up and reading and giggling for the past two days. She thinks it's just a cute funny book for kitty parents to enjoy, but trust me kitties, it goes much deeper than that.
Quasi is a weaver of words. He tells the truth Brother and Sister Cats. Everything you need to know about being the best cat you can be and how to cope with the humans you live with is in this book.
Now, I'm not ready to completely relinquish the word "naughty" from my vocabulary. It's a fun word and it's part of my nickname that Momma lovingly calls me. I love it when she coos, "Hi Naughty Noodle!" But, I have learned that what humans think of as naughty is really perfectly normal cat behavior. Thank
You Quasi! <3
Okay I'm done gushing now. Just get your "bean" to buy the book.
Oh, and I will still say this; Do something naughty kitties! It's fun!

6 comments:

Daisy said...

That was a great review! I am saving up my allowance to get a copy of the book for myself.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
I have seen Quasi around and have seen him promoting his new book. It looks really good and Cricket gave a great review of it. I will try to get my mom to order it, but my mom bean never seems to have time to read a book these days! Maybe i could read it to her?
--JB

meemsnyc said...

That look like a really good book!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I did something naughty!!! I peed in Lapdaddies cap! He wore it to the parade last Saturday and mommy noticed a big yellow stain in it....being a new cap this was odd to her. After smelling it...it was confirmed that I was to blame! I was the naughty noodle!
I will look for Quasi's book because you gave it such a rave review!
The beans are all done cleaning now and we can enjoy the patio. We sat out there by candlelight and listened to the radio tonight. It was heavenly. Tomorrow will be a lazy restful day with more reading and coffee drinking out there if it is not too hot. Mommy hung some pretty sheets as drapes in case the sun comes out. We can find ways to get more comfort when needed. I only pray that you could get the needed comfort to dearest friend. You are always in my thoughts and deep in my heart...
Much love from your little naughty Miss Peach

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Lorianna,
How are you feeling today? I just wanted to come over and say hi. My mom is neglecting me and maybe I could teleport over to your house. I can bring you lots of purrs and snuggles to try to help you feel better.
Hope it is sunny at your house, like it is here today!
--JB

Quasi said...

Hi Cricket,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of The World Is Your Litter Box. I'm so glad you and the other kitties (and your mom) enjoyed it so much! If you don't mind, I'm going to add a link to your review on the official The World Is Your Litter Box website.

Thanks, also, to you cool cats who commented on the post!

Your Friend,
Quasi