Monday, May 19, 2008

I Want To Be Somewhere Warm

Isn't this picture cute? I saw it in an add in Fairie Magazine, so I looked up the site. It's from a place called Baba -store.com It's a company owned by an Irish woman and a Russian man.

I'm trying different fonts. I'm noticing I'm having a harder time reading on the computer. I think it's time for new glasses. I'm very fussy about my frames. I want really light weight frames and it would be nice if they actually stayed where they belong and not slide down my nose all day.

It's been another chilly day here. Our furnace has been running! It's late May, come on all ready! We avoided a frost warning last night because we had cloud cover. I'm so glad because I don't think some of my plants could have handled it.

Billie is behind me on the love seat snoring. :) She has such a tiny nose, poor kitty! She became really angry with me today while I was grooming her. I had to get her scissors out to cut some knots and she just wasn't in the mood. She swatted at me claws out and eyes big. Yikes! Between my hands , which are getting harder to use for long time periods and her older kitty temperament, I'm thinking Miss Billie is going to get shaved. I don't want her to be traumatized by it though. I know they sedate high strung kitties. Plus it's kinda cold here to be shaved. Maybe in the Summer. I just hope it grows back by fall. Otherwise she'll have to wear a sweater. I don't think Billie will be as good as Daisy about wearing clothes. =^.. ^=
I have been in such a sleepy daze today. My strep and head cold are gone (yay!) and I have just a little cough left. I really want to get out and pull some weeds, but I can only pull so many before my hands get sore. I think just getting out in some sun for a little while will feel nice.
Okay, I'm done rambling now. :) Time to go put lunches together for tomorrow and make myself a cup of tea.
Take care!

5 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That is a cute picture. Kitty fairy, what a neat idea. We're sorry to hear that its still cold where you are. It was cold here this weekend, because a storm blew in, but its supposed to warm up soon again.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I like the fairie kitty picture. Very pretty.
I think Billie would be ok if she got shaven, as she stays indoors, right? The only thing is the scary part about the sedation....my mom hates to have that done to us too. That is why she is holding off on me having my teeth cleaned too...and she knows how super scared I get to go to Dr. Staph! I am a small Jelly Bean but I sure have a huge voice when I have to see the dr!
I am glad you are feeling better. That is funny what you said about the Haz-mat team for our two problem kitties!
--JB

Daisy said...

I am glad you're feeling better! It's funny, because I wish I could be somewhere cooler. It is always so hot and humid here, and now it's bug season!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Kitty Fairies, except you know they would cause mass destruction and tormenting, right?

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Lorianna! I am ever so happy to know you are getting better now. I wish you could come and visit here because it is warm in the desert. Today it was gray and rainy YEAH! I know that sounds tacky to say but you know mommy!
If Miss Billie gets shaved, she will feel much better! Miss Minka teh CWCB always did and how happy she way to be free of all that Persian fluff! Plus, it will grow back before winter comes so do not worry about that.
Mommy orders her glasses from a cool place on line. She got 2 pair so far and is very happy with them. One of her frames only weighs 11 grams! Check it out at Zennioptical.com
I also like your new font, it is easier to read. Oh and that beautiful photo on your post today...very enchanting. I must see more of this fine artwork.
I hope tomorrow will bring some sunshine and warmth for you. Today it was 60* and yesterday it was 95*!!! crazy....
Love and hugs from us two who love you!