Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

This is Billie's costume for the Halloween Floof costume contest. Scotchy's Mommy, Kelly did the hat and wig on computer so I wouldn't have to annoy poor Billie with attempting to put anything on her.
I wish my kitties liked to wear "fashions" like Daisy. Her Mommie must have so much fun and Daisy really does look like she's enjoying it too!

I told Billie she looks like Samantha from my favorite old tv show Bewitched.
She just wanted to know if there were enough Party Mix Treats for Halloween. Yes, there are, but can all 4 kitties wait until tomorrow?

I'm trying to get a new spooky picture of Cricket, but so far all I get is pouting. I may have to bribe her. I think she's upset because my daughter's friends have been popping in all week for various Halloween activities. Last night they went to a zombie "zomb". They shot zombies with Nerf guns.
The night before the museum had a costume party swing dance and it was only $3.00 to get in. Tonight there is a zombie walk downtown. Whew! I wish I had the energy of a teenager. Tomorrow night is a dance at school. So, the kids will meet here and gather, and then leave for their fun. Cricket hates to have HER home invaded with people who are not HER family.

It is still rather chilly here. Brr! I have been battling flares and my joints hurt so much! I'm walking like a zombie! Last night was the second night in a row that I have had a fever. I don't have time for this! I have been managing to avoid making dinner, which is nice. (for me anyway) Frozen meals are so convenient. Husband grumbles, but hopefully he'll get over it. (that or dare I hope he will plan meals and go grocery shopping?) :)

Billie is still eating better. Not huge amounts, but she is tiny. Grooming her hip area is still a challenge, but I resorted to cutting out a knot a few days ago and she seemed to appreciate it. Her fur is soft and the dry air is making it staticky and fly away. The fatty tumor growth has not changed. (I hate the word tumor.) So, all in all she is hanging in there better than I had thought she would be a few weeks ago. I was really preparing for the worst and just so afraid... Thank You All for all of your Purrs and Prayers and Good Wishes.
All of that good energy going out worked and I hope it returns to You All in abundance!

I hope everyone is ready for Halloween! We have Hershey Bars, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and Kit Kat Bars. What do you plan on passing out?

Hugs!

3 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

Isn't Billie cute? Praline's post from Zoolatry will be tomorrow and it's pretty cute! I wouldn't dare try to waste my money buying Praline a costume! She won't even wear a collar.

Glad to hear that Billie is doing better.

Sorry you have had a couple of bad days. My dermatologist is sending me back to my regular doctor for some tests and a complete physical. She is a little concerned about all of the illnesses and infections I've had the past two years.

Have a great Halloween!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Billie seems doing ok :)
I am so happy for Billie and certainly for you!!!!

Happy Halloween to you!!!!

Mo and The Purries said...

You pass out the good stuff for trick or treaters! I got Jolly Ranchers and had ZERO trick or treaters (our town's trick or treating was last night)
Billie is still in our thoughts and prayers!
luv,
Not The Mama
and the purries