Monday, July 30, 2007

No more mister nice guy

I did something no parent should do if they like the young man who seems smitten with their daughter; I told her I liked him. Yes, not only that , I said I thought he was nice and sweet and kinda cute. I know, how dare I say such things! I don't think he's coming back. She was really rude and snarky to him last night and as sweet as he is I don't think even he could tolerate it. (I know I wanted to throttle her.) He left earlier than he usually leaves and I didn't even get to say goodbye. I went to bed and left my husband to deal with the awkwardness, because frankly, he's oblivious to awkwardness. When DH came to bed I asked how the poor guy was. My DH said he seemed ok. mmm... I doubt it. DH did say that daughter was being a grumpy snot, but if she wants to chase off friends that's her problem. Of course I feel like it's a reflection on me. I thought I taught her better than that. I'm disappointed in her and I feel bad for him. I'm sure he'll find a nice girl when he starts his first year of college this fall, but still, I'm sorry if my approval was the kiss of death in their courtship. I want my daughter to be a good person, but I can't force it on her. She has to see the benefits of good karma and feel the fallout of bad karma. Hey, I have an idea! Does anybody want Guitar Hero for ps2? Because I'm thinking losing that would be a good way to show her that karma can be bitchier than a 16 year old girl any day. Hope the rest of the week is better :)

No comments: