Saturday, August 23, 2008

Queen "Crictoria" says, "We Are Not Amused!"

Cricket has had a rough week. She had two kittens to contend with and she was not amused! I have had to clean up after her every day this week. It seems that all I have been doing this week revolves around cleaning up after kitties and kids. I need a vacation. I love them all very much, but sometimes... :)
Bowee went home the other evening. Toeshee misses him. After he left Toeshee wandered around looking for him and by the next morning he was back to being really naughty, attacking Cody and biting me. I think the poor little guy is bored and that is what passes for entertainment for him. We play with him with cat toys, but as soon as he's sees movement from one of the other kitties, he immediately jumps on them. Well, his hoohaectomy is this coming Wednesday so hopefully he will calm down a bit. Please keep him in your thoughts for a safe surgury. Yes, I will worry! :) You know me...

I am still on the medicines my RA doctor prescribed. The disease modifier Plaquenil takes a long time to start working. I have to stay on it until December to see if it's working. If it doesn't I have to move up to Methotrexate which is pretty strong. It's actually a chemo drug. I don't think I want that! I'm on a steroid called Prednisone for infalmation. It makes me extra moody. (kind of like pms extreme) So far I'm not feeling much relief with either drug. Can you just get used to pain and not even realize how much it affects you? I know I'm tired all the time.

I think, if it rains this afternoon, I will do both Cricket and myself a favor. I will go up to my room where she spends a lot of time, and I will take a nap with her. She gets all purry and sweet when I do that. :) Billie has been loving the enclosed back porch. If the breeze is right, it's not to bad out there.

I hope everyone has a restful and happy weekend. Please take time to do something that makes you happy! If it makes your furbaby happy too, even better! :) HUGS!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

A nice afternoon nap with Cricket sounds like just what the doctor ordered, for both of you. "Queen Crictoria"! Heehee!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I wish you did not have to take so many scary medicines....but I sure hope they help a little. I am sure Cricket appreciates you napping together. Mom goes into the bathroom a lot and spends quality time with PooPoo.
Happy weekend!
--JB

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow! I don't know where to begin. Poor Queen Crictoria - having to contend with all of the changes around the household. Sounds like Billie is being a typical Persian - aloof and looking out for themselves. Hee! Hee!

I am so sorry to hear about your constant pain. I thought it was bad to be in pain for the past 1 1/2 years, but mine is just temporary (I think). I do hope this new medicine works for you.

Shaggy and Scout said...

What a cute little fellow Bowee is, too bad he couldn't stay, because we think you are right about the boredom factor. How horrible about all the fleas!
We bet Cricket appreciated one on one time with you !