Monday, November 5, 2007

Can I read and hibernate at the same time?

Darkness settled in around 5:30 this evening. That is way too early, I mean I'm ready to put my pj's on! I am so not ready for this. If I can manage to stay dressed, :) I would like to go to the bookstore this week. It's just absolutely one of my favorite things to do. I don't always buy a book, but I could happily wander around looking at books in every section of the store. It seems there is something of interest in almost every category. Well, ok maybe not computer programming or mathmatics, but pretty much anything else. Fiction though is what really draws me in. After I gather a stack of books, I like to settle in at a table and order a mocha or a hot tea. If I'm feeling really indulgent there's usually brownies or cheesecake to tempt me. Wouldn't it be fun to be locked in your favorite store for an evening?
I've been reading a few blogs, (actually trying to catch up on my favorites) and I'm noticing quite a few people seem to be rather down in the dumps. Maybe it's the change of seasons and looming holidays, I don't know, but I'm feeling it too. Hmm... Maybe we all could use a cup of tea and a few good books. now, if only the bookstore would let me wear my flannels. :)

1 comment:

Sunrunner said...

You are absolutely right!!!! I'd love to be locked in a Barnes and Noble for a night. That would be great!!!!! Do you ever read Madelyn Alt? She has a new book out called Hex Marks the Spot. They're easy reads, but her characters are fun. Laurell Hamilton's new book is wonderful too. I've already read through it twice.